Job Description –Mentoring Coordinator
Responsible to: Executive Director
Hours: 37 Hours / week
To provide casework management for traditional matches and some group programming, in accordance with the National Standards set out by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada. S/he is responsible for matching volunteer mentors with children and youth, and to monitor those matches to ensure the healthy development of the relationships.
The Caseworker works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the Agency and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Must provide a satisfactory completion of reference checks, Police Check and Child Welfare Check.
In accordance with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada’s National Standards, all Mentoring Coordinators must possess a two year post-secondary diploma in a related field (e.g. education, social or human services, child and youth work, family studies etc.).
- Traditional Mentoring
- Placement Students
- Go Girls Group Mentoring
- In School Mentoring
- Teen Mentoring
Responsibilities Specific Monitoring Matches:
- intake, screening, and assessment for Little Brothers & Little Sisters includes:
- maintain up-to-date Pre-Match Training materials
- provide ongoing support, retention and recognition for mentors
- maintain up-to-date knowledge of the National Standards, and agency policies and practices
- maintain case notes for all Matches in accordance with the National Standards
- maintain a strong and effective working relationship with the BBBS team
- complete and submit monthly Program Reports to the Executive Director
- maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in agency Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- assist with fundraising events as required
- Plan at least two group get-togethers for Bigs, Littles, families, and children on the waiting list
Please submit resume and cover letter to Holly.Stadnicki@bigbrothersbigsisters.ca by Noon on September 21st, 2018.